The Feldenkrais Research Journal focuses on research into the Feldenkrais Method® and related fields of practice, thought, research, action, and awareness. This peer reviewed Journal seeks to engage in a dialogue about research within the Feldenkrais professional field and beyond.
Call for Contributions: September 2020
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic all work on the FRJ stopped for over 6 months. However we are now recommencing work.
Themes and Deadlines
1. We have moved to a continuous on-line publication model, we welcome submissions anytime.
2. The next volume, Volume 7 will be not be a single-themed volume: we welcome submissions on a variety of themes.
3. We would like to devote part of the next volume to the emerging theme of mindfulness thought and practice in relation to the Feldenkrais Method . We are seeking articles on is the relationship between the constructs and practices of mindfulness and mindful movement and the Feldenkrais Method. If you would like to write on this topic, then please contact us.
All articles are reviewed by at least two readers. They are asked to recommend if an article should be accepted as submitted or with small edits, whether it is suitable for publication with additional re-writing and editing, or whether it is not suitable. If there is a significant disagreement between reviewers, then a third and possibly a fourth reviewer will read the article. Resubmitted articles are again assessed by the original readers.
Final decisions about inclusion of submitted article are made by the Editor(s). The Editors may be involved in a round or rounds of final edits with authors. Final drafts are proof-read and checked by our Harvard formatting editor, and final formatting and referencing edits may also be sent to the author for resolution.
Our current regular reviewers are:
- Cornelia Berens
- Hillel Braude
- Karol Connors
- Diane Hanneman
- Thomas Kampe
- Zoran Kovich
- Cliff Smyth
Other specialist reviewers are recruited for particular themes or articles.
The author guidelines and submission check list can be found under ‘About’ => ‘Submissions’ tab on this site.
Submissions can be made using the Submissions button on this site.
Get In Touch
If you are thinking of submitting a paper, we invite you to let us know about the possible topics, authors, any sense you have of when it will be ready, and any questions you have about the submission, editorial, and publishing process. Please also check the Author Guidelines and Submission Checklist.
Please don't hesitatate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributiing to the FRJ Project
To create a quality Journal for the Feldenkrais professional field, which also engages with wider worlds of thinking, study, and practice, takes teamwork. We are pleased to have a team of ten Editors and Advisory Editors. Please join the team by:
- writing for the Journal – yes, you
- letting us know about relevant research, writing, or publishing
- encouraging people in your networks, who may have something to write or submit, to consider doing it
- promoting the Journal
- sending us ideas and suggestions
- letting us know if you have some resources that can help this important project.
We would love to hear from you with your questions and ideas.
Please email us at: email@example.com
Cliff Smyth, General Editor
for the Feldenkrais Research Journal Editorial Committee